Download the app and sign in
For starters, you’ll need to download the SalesIn app.
- Just open up the App Store on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch and search for “SalesIn” and then install it – it’s free.
- Once installed, tap the SalesIn icon to start it up.
- Enter your username and password and then tap Sign In.
After Signing in with your account email and password, you will see the below screen.
One of the best features of SalesIn is that it operates 100% offline, which means you don’t have to be connected to the Internet to use it.
To do this, SalesInstores data locally on the device, and these steps allow you to limit the initial data you download.
- Skip sales over x days old is useful if you want to limit the backlog of older/existing sales from downloading to your device. For example, if you don’t want to see sales older than six months ago, you should enter 180 days, or 365 to see sales that were created twelve months ago, etc.
- Retain Closed sales for x days means the app will keep sales that are “Closed” for this period of time before removing them off the device.
- Download Images allows you to choose whether you want your product images stored offline. Depending on the size of your items list, this can take up a lot of space on your device as well as data usage in the initial download. If you have a large set of images and want to have them stored offline, you should connect to Wifi first. If you don’t choose this option, you will still see images on your device, but they will be loaded on the fly using your mobile internet connection.
When you are sure of the Download options, tap Build Database and your device will commence downloading all the data you need to get going!