To make changes to the way the SalesIn Integration works, right click the SalesIn Integration icon in the system tray and choose Account Settings.
This area helps you change the connection details that you entered when you first set up the integration.
You should only change these settings if you decide to move your Fishbowl installation elsewhere, or your credentials for SalesIn or Fishbowl have changed.
- Customer Salesperson – You can choose to allocate SalesIn users to customers, based off the Customer’s Salesperson in Fishbowl. It’s important to note that this requires that the first name and last name of the users in SalesIn match the first name and last name of the users/salespeople in Fishbowl.
- Customer “Hold Sales” Status – SalesIn has the ability to alert reps to whether customers are on credit hold when they are selected for a new sales order. Customers can be flagged in two ways: Credit Hold means the rep can continue to take the order after being warned, and Credit Freeze means the rep sees the warning but cannot proceed with a new order. Fishbowl has a single Status against a customer called “Hold Sales” that we can link to SalesIn , and this area lets you to define how it should be linked.
- Email address for import warnings – Enter an email address here and you will notified of any errors the integration encounters while moving data between Fishbowl and SalesIn . This is useful if you run the integration on an automated schedule and you are not watching it while it is running.
This area helps you change the way in which sales orders are added to Fishbowl from SalesIn .
- Import sales to Fishbowl when they are … – The integration looks at sales in SalesIn that are of a particular Status (refer When are sales downloaded to Fishbowl?). This setting defaults to Open, but you can change it to suit your business’ workflow.
- Once sales are imported, set them to … – The integration also sets sales to a certain Status once that are imported (refer What happens after sales are downloaded to Fishbowl?). This setting defaults to Closed, but you can change it to suit your business’ workflow. It is important to note that once sales are imported into Fishbowl, they cannot be re-imported and any edits made in SalesIn do not come through either.
- Make sure this item is included on the sale prior to importing – You can specify that a certain item should always exist in the sales order before it hits Fishbowl. This can be useful if you have a Freight item and your reps forget to add it to each order! Just enter in the SalesIn Item ID (you can find this on the Item Detail page if you search for the Item on the website), the Quantity and the Price and it will always be included on each sales order, unless it is already there.
- Order/Invoice numbering – You can choose whether to carry through the SalesIn Sale ID as the Fishbowl invoice number, or whether to ignore the SalesIn Sale ID altogether and just let Fishbowl use its next available number.
- Order/Invoice comments – In SalesIn you can put comments against the sales order itself, as well as any line item within the sales order. Use these settings to indicate whether any of these comments should come through to the sales order in Fishbowl.
- Fishbowl Sales Order Status – When a new sales order is added to Fishbowl, you can choose whether it is set to Estimate (this is the default) or Issued, depending on your business process.
- Upload Completed Invoices to SalesIn – Use this option to upload your finished Fishbowl invoices to SalesIn, giving you instant customer sales history.
Specify whether you want the integration to run every X number of minutes, and whether that should be a Full or Downloads Sales Only integration.