We’ve taken great lengths to make this process and quick and painless as possible.
Just follow the below steps and we’ll get you up and running in no time!
Download and install the Integration software
- In order to transfer data between Fishbowl and SalesIn, you must first download the SalesIn Fishbowl Integration software. You can do that by clicking this link.
- Install the software by following the prompts.
- Once it is installed, double click the icon on your desktop:
Setup the Integration software
When you first start the SalesIn Fishbowl Integration application, you will see a setup wizard to help you get started:
Click on Next to begin configuring the software.
1. Connection to Fishbowl
Enter the Fishbowl Server Name (usually localhost if you are installing this on your Fishbowl server), followed by the Port (default is 28192).
You must also provide the Database Location.
You can obtain this information by looking at your Fishbowl Server settings.
2. Authenticate with Fishbowl
Enter the credentials of a Fishbowl user and click on Next to continue.
3. Authorise SalesIn Integration to communicate with Fishbowl
If this is the first time you are setting up the SalesIn Integration with Fishbowl, you will receive a message after attempting to authenticate with Fishbowl, stating “Please check that SalesIn has been given permission to access the Fishbowl data (Fishbowl Company Settings, Integrated Apps)”. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open up Fishbowl and login as the Administrator user
- Navigate to the Setup menu, then Company.
- Look for the Integrated Apps tab and click on it.
- Look for SalesIn Integration and highlight it.
- Click the green tick to change the Status from Pending to Accepted.
Once these steps have been completed, close Fishbowl and attempt authentication again.
4. Authenticate with SalesIn
Enter the SalesIn credentials you have set up your account with and click Next.
5. Choose basic settings
This screen explains a series of preferences with relation to how your Customers will be uploaded.
These can be changed later, and if you are unsure, just choose the defaults.
Click on Next.
5. Finish up
Click on Finish to close the wizard.