The Sales List contains all of the sales that your user account has permission to see. To add, change, remove or action sales, open your sales list from the Main Menu, by tapping on Sales.
From here, you can scroll through your sales, as well as change search and filtering options.
Additionally, you can tap onto an existing sale and perform various actions, as described below.
Working with existing Sales
Tapping on an existing sale, you will see the following options;
- Delete – Removes the sale from SalesIn; this cannot be reversed. Only available if you have appropriate permissions.
- Send – Allows you to email a PDF of the sale to a customer or general email address, and/or download and view the PDF for printing to a compatible AirPrint printer.
- Edit – Opens up the sale detail for editing. Only available if you have appropriate permissions.
Tapping on the Action ([↑]) button up the top-right, you will see the following options;
- Delete Sales – Allows selection of multiple sales to remove from SalesIn; this cannot be reversed. Only available if you have appropriate permissions.
- Assign Sales – Allows selection of multiple sales for assignment to another user.
- Search Sales – Shows the filter/search area to control which sales are being shown in the sales list, and how they are grouped.
- Change Sale Statuses – Allows selection of multiple sales for status changes.
Creating a new Sale
- To add a new sale, tap on the Add New (+) button up the top-right of the screen.
- If you have more than one Sale Type, you will see a list of them here for you to choose.
- Then, you will be taken into the customer browser to pick your customer for the sale.
Sales are separated into five areas / tabs, at the bottom of the screen.
Please note that depending on how you have set up your sale types, some of these may not be showing.
Customer tab – Shows the selected customer’s name and address details. The billing and delivery addresses can be overwritten to make changes to this sale only.
Items tab – This is the main area, where you add items to your sale. From here you can also tap on the Action ([↑]) button and use:
- Templates – Quickly fill out a sale using pre-defined lists of items, per customer.
- History View – Jump into this view quickly and see what was ordered/sold last time with this customer (iPad only).
Details tab – The details tab shows supporting information for the sale. The following fields are available, however note that some may not be showing, depending on your sale type configuration.
- Status – Choose the status this sale will be set to when it is saved.
- Delivery Date – Fill out the optional delivery date so that this appears on the PDF
- Tax Applies – This determines whether this customer should be charged tax for this sale. It has been set to a default value based on the customer, so may not need to be changed.
- PO Number – Fill out the optional Purchase Order Number so that this appears on the PDF
- Payment Terms – Set the payment terms for this sale. It has been set to a default value based on the customer, so may not need to be changed.
- Comments – Fill out any notes/comments for this sale to show up on the PDF.
- Activity Notes – Jump into the activity notes area for this sale.
Total tab – Shows you the total for the sale, as well as allows payments to be recorded.
Signature tab – Allows you to capture a name and on-screen signature from your customer.
When you have finished creating your sale, tap Done (top-right) to save it.
If you have network coverage and automatic syncing turned on in your settings, you should see an indicator letting you know the device is being synchronised.
This sale will now appear in your Sales List.